Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Year of Darwin 11/11/2014: Introduction to my favorite chapter

 Charles Darwin

"Long before having arrived at this part of my work, a crowd of difficulties will have occurred to the reader. Some of them are so grave that to this day I can never reflect on them without being staggered; but, to the best of my judgement, the greater number are only apparently, and those that are real are not, I think, fatal to my theory." Charles Darwin, Origin of Species 1st edition (on Kindle)

"Problems with the theory" is my favorite chapter. One, it shows the depth to which Darwin thought about his ideas. Two, it's interesting. Three, they present future research avenues. 

____________________________________________________________________

Found out that a Wilkes student passed away last night. He was 19. Not sure who it is but terribly terribly sad nonetheless. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment