Friday, January 9, 2015

What's next for the blog

I started the blog to improve my writing and explore some ideas. To that end I did a year of Darwin quotes and I'll probably throw some more up that I find interesting but where to go with it now?

I'm teaching Conservation Biology - my fifth iteration; however, this is the first year I added a lab. So I'll think I'll post some current events but I think I'll add student-produced content. I'm thinking either topics or endangered species profiles. I think students would enjoy the latter more. 

As I see it, the point of coursework is to learn about conservation biology and get some skills that are useful beyond conservation biology and writing is certainly a skill that is highly valued. My biggest worry is plagiarism so students' names will be posted with their work. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. 

Thoughts?

Classes start Monday so I better start soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment