Sunday, June 7, 2015

Books books books

Summer is the only time I read books. The other seasons are devoted to journal articles and barely so. 

I love science fiction and I just finished Piers Anthony's A Spell for Chameleon an interesting read but I was really put off by the misogyny.  Reading the online reviews I was glad to see I wasn't alone.  Next I want to read Ursula LeGuin's The Left Hand of Darkness.

But instead of going right to it I want to alternate my science fiction with books I really should be reading.  I started break with Bob Askins' Saving the World's Deciduous ForestsAn interesting book and I'll post my notes here. 

So I'm due a nonfiction (and unfun) book.  My choice? Gelman and Hill's Data Analysis Using Regression and Multilevel /Hierarchical ModelsYep. By choice.

I very much respect Gelman as a statistician and blogger. And I expect to learn a ton.

No comments:

Post a Comment