Monday, July 4, 2016

Early morning outing: Pinchot State Forest

Since things have really slowed down on the Wood Thrush front, I thought I would go out by myself and just sit and watch an area where I know there are wood thrush. This kinda worked: I found a couple building a nest. So it goes. 

This is where Pine Forest Run meets PA HWY 309. Other birds there included Louisiana Waterthrush (probably nesting), Eastern Phoebe (nesting), Blue Jays, Northern Flicker (or is it Yellow-shafted?), Northern Cardinal, Scarlet Tanager (breeding), Black-and-White Warbler, Red-eyed Vireo, Veery, Gray Catbird, Downy Woodpecker, American Woodcock, and American Robin. 

Oddly, no Eastern Pewee, cuckoos (seriously, with all the gypsy moths around!), or Great-crested Flycatcher. Or Wood Thrush 


No comments:

Post a Comment