Friday, June 20, 2014

My Year of Darwin 6/20/2014: Tchau Brasil... tchau rainforest


 Charles Darwin


"In my last walk I stopped again and again to gaze on these beauties, and endeavoured to fix in my mind for ever an impression which at the time I knew sooner or later must fail. The form of the orange-tree, the cocoa-nut, the palm, the mango, the tree-fern, the banana, will remain clear and separate; but the thousand beauties which unite these into one perfect scene must fade away; yet they will leave, like a tale heard in childhood, a picture full of indistinct, but most beautiful figures." Charles Darwin, Voyage of the Beagle

Darwin has rounded the world and is back to Brazil in Bahia. This sentiment I understand completely. Eu estou com muito saudades de voce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment