Saturday, January 2, 2016

MIddle Creek Wildlife Management Area

Wife and I went to Middle Creek WMA today to do a little birding (and antiquing). MCWMA is just under two hours from Wilkes-Barre - down HWY 81 until Pottsville (home of Yuengling) then country roads for another hour.

Today's goal was to set the camera and manual and see how could do. I would give myself a C-/D. It was cloudy so I turned up the ISO. Most of the photos were overexposed. I used a single point focus and still had issues. So it goes. 

Highlights of the day were a pair of Bald Eagles (wife), Eastern Bluebirds (wife), Shovelers, and Tundra Swans (I'm assuming - they're terribly close to Trumpeters).  And despite acres and acres of fields, there was a noticeable lack of grassland/shrub birds (no Kestrels, Mockingbird, Savannah Sparrows, Horned Larks, etc). 

Ring-necked Duck

Red-tailed Hawk

Northern Shovelers 

Tundra Swans
  

No comments:

Post a Comment