Monday, June 15, 2020

Field Season 2020 Week III

Monday 6/8/2020 SGL 110

This State Game Land straddles the Appalachian Trail just north of Reading, PA. It's a bit of a drive (1.5 hours) but it has plots that were burned in 2016, 2017, and a plot that will be burned in 2020. So I can get lots on information on birds and burning from one site. The other downer is the distance between sites. I walked almost 20,000 steps. Bird-wise wasn't very exciting but the burn sites were a joy to walk through since the fire took out the very dense mountain laurel. Was able to get 7 points in. Not great. Next time I should bring a mountain bike to take on the game road from plot to plot. 

Met with two colleagues about fancy ways to measure vegetation structure with LIDAR and drones. Still need to start getting measurements with some new (not newest) tools. 




Tuesday - Sunday off

Feeling lazy. Took a fall on Monday that left me a bit sore. Tripped on dewberry and I thought I would turn it into a roll - I just flopped on my side.  


No comments:

Post a Comment