Saturday, April 11, 2020

Conservation Biology Online


I've decided to put a large portion of my conservation biology lectures online. They will be slightly less detailed than what I would normally do in class but I will make up for by extra readings. I asked a few of our graduates in graduate school what we were missing and one theme was reading and critiquing the peer-reviewed literature. So that will be part of the course that's for our students but not the public. By what not have public lectures. Maybe I'll get some good feedback. 

As of 4/11 - first two lectures, lecture on threats to tropical forests 

This will be a work in progress.


3. Species and Species Diversity
    
5. Extinctions 


7. Habitat Loss

8. Habitat Fragmentation
    Part 1 and Part 2
 


11. Invasive Species and Emerging Diseases 

12. Climate Change


14. Threats to Marine Diversity 

15. Global Conservation 

16. Designing Parks 

17. Conservation Law 

18. Habitat Management 

19. Museums, Zoos, Gardens and Freezers

20. Restoration 

21. Funding Conservation 

22. Sustainability  





No comments:

Post a Comment