Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Year of Darwin 11/20/2014 Exploitation for the betterment of all

 Charles Darwin

"Natural selection cannot possibly produce any modification in any one species exclusively for the good of another species; though throughout nature one species incessantly takes advantage of, and profits by, the structure of another." Charles Darwin, Origin of Species 1st edition (on Kindle)

I don't take any "lessons of life" from nature but I make a slight exception here. Not that I believe in exploitation but I strongly believe in collaboration in the workplace. I used to see everyone as competitors and was stressed when meeting anyone doing ecology - were they applying for the same jobs, were they applying for the same grants, etc etc. Now I see everyone as potential collaborators - which probably makes me even more annoying. Science needs synthesis and now I want review after review. 
Nestling bluebird from the Georgia years.

No comments:

Post a Comment