Friday, December 12, 2014

My Year of Darwin 12/12/2014: Evolution vs. Creation... ding ding

 Charles Darwin

"Let us now see whether the several facts and rules relating to the geological succession of organic beings, better accord with the common view of the immutability of species, or with that of their slow and gradual modification, through descent and natural selection"  Charles Darwin, Origin of Species 1st edition (on Kindle)

It's not the narrative that follows I like (though I do), it's the set up. He just calls out the greatest geologists of the day as creationists (believers in immutability) and says they're all wrong. The gonads! And the reason he didn't want to publish was that he didn't want to offend? I think not. 

Long leaf pine forest in Conecuh National Forest in southern Alabama. Developed from my slide FILM that sat in my truck for a decade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment